I started this blog because I wanted an incentive to write more often and a place to store that writing. I haven’t exactly blogged regularly, but still believe strongly in my blog title, which came about when I realized that with kids running around sometimes all I can write is a line. At a time. It’s better than nothing. My goal for my blog, and for my life really, is to capture moments.
I find other people’s “About Me” pages terrifyingly witty. I’m really not very funny, except when I’m not trying to be. I guess that’s one statement “about me.” Here are a few more:
- I taught high school English for ten years and now teach for a distance learning school, which I love. I’m also a freelance writer and mom to two young children.
- My husband and I have lived on four different continents. We’ve moved to 10 different living spaces in as many years. Yet ultimately I’d call myself a homebody. A lot of my writing deals with this conundrum. We’re now in Vermont with no plans to move…but I hope I keep writing!
- I would almost always rather be outdoors.
- I’m interested in sustainability and food; I love gardening, and recently picked up a strangely addictive chicken-raising habit.
- Every Christmas since I was four, I have asked for–and have had yet to receive–a pony. Now that we live on 8 acres, I’m wondering if it might actually happen one of these days.