In no particular order:
1. A husband, most definitely not a morning person, waking up early and working with my father-in-law make French Toast and bacon for me.
2. Warm sunshine and cloudless blue skies to make up for yesterday’s bizarre snowfall.
3. A son who eats green beans and carrots and melon with his fingers, who scoops mashed potatoes with a spoon and gets some of them in his mouth, who puts a blue bow on his head, then laughs when he takes it off.
4. My mother and grandmothers, far away but always close.
5. In-laws who made their home ours.
6. Walking in the woods in my Sunday clothes.
7. Landing on the other side of Mother’s Day and liking it.
9. Choir music warming the Bayview Auditorium– summer’s almost here.
10. What James Joyce said: ” Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world, a mother’s love is not.”