I’m honored that writer Laura Stanfill recently nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Since I’m in Germany, I particularly appreciate the spelling of this particular award (creative = kreativ)! I also appreciate Laura’s creativity–she’s a talented fiction writer with a blog offering not only thoughtful reflections on the writing craft, but also regular “original writing exercises” guaranteed to stretch your writing muscles. Thanks, Laura!
Accepting the Kreativ Blogger Award requires the following:
1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award and provide a link.
2. List seven interesting things about yourself.
3. Nominate seven other bloggers, provide links, and let them know!
As I’ve just thanked the lovely Laura, I’ll now move on to seven facts you might not know about me:
1. I wore braces for four years–as an adult–and have never regretted it. I received orthodontic treatment in almost as many continents as I’ve lived in (by the time we got to Germany, I was free to wear just a retainer, so I don’t count that).
2. My mom wanted me to get braces when I was a kid, but strangely, I refused (I was a sentimental child, even where crooked teeth were concerned). She spent four years saying “I told you so.”
3. I love to garden, but I’m a total amateur.
4. Unfortunately, I have not figured out how to grow Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or potato chips, nor can I seem to escape their evil clutches.
5. My stroller once ended up in the back of a German police car.
6. I have loved horses forever. I’ve taken lessons, leased, planned out a whole barn in my head, and even ridden in a rodeo, but I have yet to own my own horse. Maybe someday.
7. I love, and I mean love, German health care. I’m not big on politics, but this is one issue I’m willing to argue about.
And now, the best part: I get to pass this award on to some awesome and very creative bloggers! Here they are, in no particular order:
Sarah at The Unwrapping writes beautiful, dreamy prose, often layering parallel stories to create a most magical effect.
Kathy at Lake Superior Spirit evokes the beauty of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula through her honest, detailed prose and postcard-worthy photos.
Emily at Keeping Time offers beautifully crafted, metaphorical snapshots of a live filled with daughters, travel, and love.
June Mears Driedger‘s writing, according to her blog tagline, explores “the intersection of faith and creativity”; her posts are reflective and thought-provoking.
Sarah at This Heavenly Life, through her vivid writing and photography, captures the significance of everyday moments.
Leigh-Anne at Quiet Laughter is a poet and artist, two creative outlets that find perfect harmony in her lovely blog posts.
Rose at Granbee posts poems rich with internal rhyme and endearing characters; her most recent project invokes a Lenten journey.
I encourage you to check out these terrific blogs!